Sunday, July 17, 2011

some good things


Holding a sleeping baby is always a good thing to me. 

But holding this sleeping baby is a very good thing. 

It's rare to get the chance to hold a 10 month old asleep... but this particular evening at bedtime I was so thankful to lounge on the couch for a while with Little Man.  He was really sleepy when it came time for his bedtime bottle, so I fed him, but his eyes were rolling back in his head and he was dozing off while drinking (love that!) and he conked out asleep as he finished.  Holding him like this helps, in my mind, make up for the months we didn't have him and I can sort of "get back" those times I missed. 


We are so blessed to have him here 3 weeks already. 

Things are going so well, and it's been so fun for our whole family to welcome him in.  I love that welcoming little children is part of the family culture our kids are growing up with.  I pray some of them will do the same! 


Another good thing in my life lately is flowers!  Our yard is blooming with beauty, and Miss Morgan hand-picked this beautiful wildflower bunch for me this weekend.  She arranged it and all. 



In other good news, Little Man had (which I'm imagining is) his first haircut!  His adorable hair would not lie down to save his life, so I trimmed it up a bit on top and around the ears and love how it turned out! 

How is it, that a simple trim can make him look so grown up?


He gives it the proverbial thumbs up. 
Little cutie. 

3 comments:

sacra vim said...

He's looking like a Bacon to me...!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW, I LOOOOOOOOVE the pic of you holding Litte Man. There is nothing like holding a sleeping baby to make you feel REALLY good, especially when they decide to fall asleep on you at 10 months. Praising God with you for the progress in the bonding process.
In Christ,
Bethany

JJ said...

I'll tell ya one thing--I'm LOVING the arm rolls on that baby!