Sunday, July 17, 2011

it was time for a new purse

 A week ago, on the weekend when Jeremy was home, I started to work on a new purse for myself .

Day 1 during naptime I cut out all of the pieces.

Day 2 after all of the kids were in bed I set to work! 

 It took me from 9:30pm until 1:30am to finish it.  Well worth the time and effort to make this new purse with lots of pockets!  Jeremy was out for the evening for a very rare (try once every couple years) night out with some good buddies from high school - and I was home with my sewing project.  I watched two movies on the laptop while I was working to keep me company.  Now that's what I call fun!



The pattern is from the book The New Handmade, that I picked up from the library.  I has some really great patterns and ideas in it.  This pattern was easy to follow, and consisted of all straight lines for all of you scared to sew types.  :) 

I think I need to work on another one of my favorite projects before it's due back!


I thought the front was a little too plain for my liking, so I experimented with the "A" and the ribbon flower/cloth leaf and I liked how it turned out!  Most of my experiments without a pattern don't.  So I was a happy girl!



Once you lift the flap, there are 3 pockets just right for keeping all of those items you need regularly closeby so they don't get lost down in the depths of the purse itself.  My go-to items are lipgloss, a pen, cell phone, and keys. 

Have you been making anything lately?  Do share!


2 comments:

Stephanie Ann said...

This is so cute. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Nice purse, Amanda. Love it, and yay for tons of pockets.
In Christ,
Bethany