Today, I received A Walk to Remember (Family - Edited Version) in the mail from Swap A DVD! It was a movie I wanted to own if a few crass words and scenes disappeared. I was able to choose the Family Edited Version on Swap A DVD this fall and I was thinking no one would ever post it on there wanting to get rid of it. Someone did last week and sent it to me. I was so excited. So when I got it today, I started wondering how many other films are available in this version. My search led me to Family Edited DVDs. We have quite the collection of clean movies and would love to add to it since we don't watch TV. And there are tons of movies we're interested in seeing/owning if they cut out all of the language and sexual content. Who knew family edited movies existed? We had heard snippets about companies making them a couple years ago, then never heard anything else.
This company is liquidating their entire collection and closing their store on Jan. 31st. We're thrilled we found them before it is too late. Each DVD is $7.50 (that's half off) and there is free shipping. The only catch is that you have to buy 10 DVDs or more because they are trying to get rid of their inventory. We started searching and had no problem finding 10. Actually, we bought 14! No movie rentals for a LONG time for us! I found this tidbit of info about the company and it explains a little more....
"Family Edited DVDs, the leading provider of clean entertainment, is finally closing its business. After 6 years of providing clean edited movies, they are selling off all of their edited DVDs inventory. The following is recent statement from them:
Due to the current state of our economy, and other economic conditions, we are no longer able to stay in business. We are liquidating our inventory and closing our store.
We have thousands and thousands of edited archival backups that we MUST clear out of our inventory. This is your absolute last chance to get edited movies.
They have over 850 movie titles that are all edited to remove vulgar language, gory violence, and sexual content."
The only thing we're unclear about is whether they come in a nice case like A Walk To Remember or if that was done by another company. It kinda sounds like they burned on a DVD-R (for you techies) and don't have an official movie case. But we'll see when we get the box. Most are movies one or both of us have wanted to see, but didn't because of the reasons for it's rating. We're very discerning movie viewers and want to keep it that way!
Some movies like Titanic are great films except for (ahem) certain parts. We bought that one along with others that should have been pretty easy for them to edit. So, if you decide to expand your DVD collection and it turns out it's not what we thought... Sorry. :) Maybe you should wait until we get ours in the mail! I'll post about how it all turned out.
In-Between
9 years ago


2 comments:
Yes! Let us know; what an awesome find! I'm going to check it out right now.
Sweet! Just yesterday, when I was deep cleaning the house and the boys were playing outside, Anna and I decided to watch a movie. We have A Walk To Remember, but it's been awhile since I've watched it. It's rated PG, so I thought maybe it'd be okay for her to see. We made it through about 1 minute before I had to shut it off. Sweet story, but not sweet enough, in it's unedited form.
Thanks for the hot tip!!! Maybe (my) Jeremy will watch TITanic (ha) one day after all!
Post a Comment