Friday, December 02, 2011

11 weeks



Every few weeks, I thought I'd post a photo of my growing baby belly!

So here I am, just starting to grow with Levi begging for me to pick him up.  :)  I'm telling you what - it reeaaallly helps starting out a pregnancy after losing nearly 20 pounds.  I feel great, and weigh the same now as when I got pregnant nearly 12 years ago with Drew!  It also feels good to know it can be done, and I can do it again after this little one comes into the world.  But for now?  I'm focusing on not throwing up (bleh) and keeping my belly full of protein-high foods that help with the nausea, and only occasional sweets.  

Have a wonderful day, it is amazingly beautiful here today... the snow is falling, the 4 big kids are in the front yard playing in the snow and the babies are napping.  Ahhh.... bliss!  

Here's a shot of the quarter-size snowflakes that are falling today:


I love how Gavin has his tongue poised and ready to catch one!  



3 comments:

www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant! How exciting! Kristy

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,
LOOOOOOOOOOVE the baby bump! Nothing is more cuter than the baby bump showing the signs of a new little life on the way. I wouldn't worry about the diet for now. You can focus on it again after the baby comes and is a little bigger. Yes, the goal should be keeping your tummy full of good high-protein foods that will keep you from feeling so yucky and keep baby on a good path of being healthy and getting big. I love the pic out your front yard window. The older kids look like they are having fun. The snow reminds me of scenes from Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Keep an eye out for the White Witch:-) Hopefully Jeremy doesn't meet her on his way to work LOL!!! Don't worry, Aslan will appear, when he bears his teeth, winter will meet its death, and shake his mane, and you shall have spring again. One of my favorite Narnia quotes. Looking forward to seeing tummy pics as the baby grows. Get plenty of rest.
In Christ,
Bethany

Anonymous said...

P.S. Are you still able to pick up the little ones? Levi in the shot makes the picture even better.
In Christ,
Bethany