Saturday, November 05, 2011

Thanksgiving ideas

I love fall and Thanksgiving time...  probably even more than Christmas.  We've never hosted a Thanksgiving at our own home, even though I dream of the day we have enough dining room space to do so with our families.  We usually celebrate either at my parent's or Jeremy's parent's home not far from here.  We love being with family.  I love sitting around long playing games, sipping hot drinks, and enjoying dessert long after the meal is done.

Since I'm not hosting a Thanksgiving meal this year, I'll pass along this idea just in case you are!  How fun would it be to have fun labels like these on your buffet line? 

http://www.dimpleprints.com/?page_id=82

How about printing some Thanksgiving coloring pages for your kiddos?  For some fun and learning at home or to color on Thanksgiving before or after the meal!

http://holidays.kaboose.com/thanks-color.html
We plan on doing a few of these crafts in the next two weeks as well to celebrate the season.















And we'll be bringing these fun little turkeys to the Thanksgiving meal for a treat!
http://www.ricekrispies.com/#/recipes/turkey-pop-treats



 Hope this helps inspire you as you celebrate with thanksgiving in your hearts the season to come.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amanda,
Great Thanksgiving ideas. We are always looking for new fun stuff for the kids. These are so cute, and will keep the kidlets entertained. We always like to have fun things for them to do at the dinner table after the main meal to keep them happily occupied while the grownups visit. Thanks for posting.
In Christ,
Bethany