Last Thursday night, at the last minute I hopped on a jet plane to fly overnight to Indiana... since I have nearly zero brain power this week, I'll let my sister do the talking on this one... she wrote a beautiful post about our time there with my Dad's siblings and our cousins... it was an emotional trip both hard and happy times... my Dad's oldest sibling, our 76 year old dear Aunt Myrna is ill and has been in the hospital for months - the whole family was back home there for the weekend including my Dad and sister - it was time to go! So I went.
http://nighthowells.blogspot.com/2011/10/just-these-words.html
My sister Jen, Uncle Larry, Aunt Marilee, and me
My Dad, sister, and I
The family pizza party on my first night there! 5 of my Dad's 9 siblings were there with some of my cousins and second cousins.. We have a BIG family on my Dad's side.
9 aunts and uncles
25 first cousins
36 second cousins
It's an amazing family to be a part of. I love them so much and can't believe they aren't in my everyday life.
Read my sister's post to read about our trip there!





1 comments:
Dear Amanda,
I just read your blog post, as well as the blog post of your sister, Jen. What a beautiful blog post, and what a beautiful way to pay tribute to your Aunt. I know it was a hard trip, but I know you will have the memories to last you forever. Jen's blog post was soooooooo moving, it actually brought tears to my eyes. Please tell her thank you so much for posting about your time with the family. What a wonderful legacy of faith, hope and love.
In Christ,
Bethany
Post a Comment