Wednesday, February 02, 2011

bits and pieces

Every once in a while, it's just time for me to dump my brain in a post. Today's that day!  What's been going on that isn't worth writing a full post about?  Let's see here:


This is our 5th day in a row home, and my 5th day in my glasses.  We've had colds running amongst our girls, and I have an infection in my eye.  (boo)  But we're on the mend, and I hope to be seeing with my contacts again soon.  On a funny side note, my glasses are new and I love them... but the rims are much thicker and darker (they're black) than my previous brown glasses.  Every once in a while I'll startle, as I think I'm seeing someone or something out of the corner of my eye out the window... but it's just my new, thicker glasses playing tricks on me! 




I'm super excited about this weekend!  For Christmas, Jeremy got me a night and a day away in a hotel and he even picked the dear friend that's going with me!!  He's a keeper for sure.  :)  So we're gonna shop til we drop, dress up for dinner, do some much needed catching up and just spend time together.  We get to be gone from Friday afternoon until Saturday night... WOOHOO!!!! 


Cute pic, but the heels and dress are out for these chicks!
But I have to say, I would heart that dress if it was a bit longer... 

moving on....

If you're looking for a fun, educational game for your kids (or the whole family) - we've got the game for you!  The Scrambled States of America has been the favorite family game lately... we get loud, shout, laugh, and learn all at the same time... it's great, give it a try!  Thanks Marla Kay!! 





In the cute baby department, we have a little Gabi who is pulling up on things like there's no tomorrow!  This is how I found her the other day when I went in to get her up from her nap:


She was VERY pleased with her 9 month old self. 

She now pulls up to a stand on anything that is higher than ground level. 

This morning's favorite place was the newly installed baby gate!
We've always had a tension gate that dug holes in our drywall and drove us insane because we had to crawl over it all the time.  But now our gate is permanent, swings both ways and we love it! 


It was time for new play-doh and today was the day for that too!  We mixed cherry and grape kool-aid to make this cool violet colored dough.  Annika kneaded her little heart out in her backwards shirt. 


As a side note, I'm so proud of this little one of mine... she's been wearing her big girl underwear for days now and has only had 2 accidents, both of which were because the both of us forgot she wasn't in a diaper.  Oops!  But thankfully, both accidents were on the kitchen floor - Thank God for his mercy on me!



It was impossible for my little camera to do this sunrise out the kitchen window justice. 
BEAUTIFUL. 




Annika and her Bitty Baby wearing their accidental matching outfits.
I love her so much. 

Another random thing to share is that I'm still having awful joint pain with the weather changes that came with the dreadful, nightmarish bout of Fifth Disease I had last June.  I read then that the joint pain will come and go for months afterwards... but I was sorta thinking it would be a couple months and am wondering if it's gonna scram or not.  It's not a huge deal, but it's bothersome when it happens and makes getting out of bed in the morning my least favorite thing to do!  I have a greater appreciation and so much compassion now for those suffering from arthritus or similar ailments.  It's no fun. 

I took a bath tonight because the cabin fever was starting to get to me, and my body was hurting... it was lovely.  I put in a herbal bath tea that was gifted to me, and watched Father of the Bride on my laptop.  That cheered me up in a flash!  One of my all-time favorites. 

Okay, I'm almost done.



But one last thing I wanted to share is that I've started doing pilates these last couple weeks and love it.  For a person with dance and gymnastics in my background, it's amazing it took me this long to give it a go.  I was just feeling so tired of getting crazy sweaty and jumping around everywhere working out.  That's a huge reason why I start and stop so often.  I just get burned out doing such strenuous exercise.  I love pilates!  It's mellow, but hurts like the dickens...  I'm super sore and weak today, but it hurts so good.  I love that I can do it, and get away with not taking a shower after, or if I've already showered that day all is not ruined.  One of my biggest issues in the past with exercising, is fitting in a stinkin' shower AND exercising somewhere in my crazy day.  It's a real challenge.  But for now, I've found something I love, and it's so good for my body and my future health as I (GULP) age. 

Well, my bed is calling me...  hope you've enjoyed my randomness.  I know I sure enjoy being random. 






0 comments: