It's been a good and frustrating week without internet access on my laptop. Good because I needed to be doing other things... and it's always good for me to take a break from being on the computer. And frustrating in that our power was out for 3 days last weekend and even before and after our power went out (crazy windstorm...) our internet wasn't working on my laptop. But my super hero husband fixed the problem tonight and we're back in business. I really miss blogging most of all when my computer is down.
I don't even have anything interesting to blog about since I haven't downloaded pictures lately... but soon, I'll have something to say.. but for now, here are some random things floating around my head this last week!
- I am excited to have the honor to speak at MOPS next week, I'm working on my talk and asking God to pour out His words so that these women can be touched by Him through me. I have "retired" myself from MOPS after 7 years of being lifted up as a Mom.. and have joined an amazing Bible Study to make up for it. And am so happy to have the opportunity to give back to my MOPS group in this way.
- Gabrielle is 5 months old now!! Her giggle is so adorable, and is so contagious. But you have to catch her in the right "slap happy" mood to get one out of her.
- I am SO excited to know so many people who are taking/or have taken the steps toward adoption. God's blessings just rain down, we have seen that first hand. Praise God!
- My back and neck are seriously acting up again. I've had neck/back issues for years, but ever since Annie was born nearly 3 years ago things have been bad off and on. Last winter, I actually had many dispairing moments over it, knowing/hoping that a new baby would be on the horizon and I wondered how in the world I was going to even hold him/her. God has been so faithful to me in this.. it was really good since Gabi arrived with chiropractic visits every 4 weeks (instead of every week or two) and now it's just so painful again. I could really use prayer for a complete healing of this problem. It gets me down, makes me so tired, and is a real literal pain in the neck to sit and type.
- My Morgan has turned 6... how in the world did my first baby girl get to be a kindergartener? Sigh. Love, love, love this precious girl of mine. How did we ever seem worthy to raise these kids? :)
- I'm absolutely loving the new Bible study I'm in... we're doing Annointed, Redeemed, Transformed: The Story of David. WOW. It's so good. I'm so happy this is the direction God led me. It's a video/workbook study. With sessions led by Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore, and Kay Arthur. Uh-mazing.
- Having the power out for 3 days was actually a good thing. We enjoyed our homestead moments when the house was lit up with candles, and we read, played games and worked on projects. Who needs electricity? Well, sometimes I do. But I might be a homestead girl at heart. Give me Laura Ingalls Wilder and Anne Shirley and I know we'd find plently of fun things to occupy our time together in their world.
- I am constantly wondering if we should be bringing more children into our family. Crazy? Maybe. But is this life all about me and my time? Nope. I'm trying, by the grace of God, to make it not about me. And more about what He wants to do through me/us.
- There are lots of things that God is working on in me. I'm coming to realize more and more, thanks to Jeremy...(he has been very patient and very gentle) that I really am stubborn (gasp) and have issues with pride (double gasp) and I have so much pride that it's hard to stomach and actually change these things because I haven't realized it was a problem. My poor husband has been working and changing things in his own life so much these past couple years, and I have sat stagnant and unchanged. Blech. It's hard to type this, but maybe you'll understand. Maybe you can relate. I hope you can and I hope you can't.
- I love fall. Even though snow is imminent, I love the cozy feeling it brings. Warm drinks, baked goodies, sweaters, knitting/crocheting, and even the snow. Being inside and watching the snow come down is one of my favorite things. It's so peaceful and beautiful. Especially when the flakes are ginormous. Living here in the winter can be dark, and for some downright depressing. I get that. But winter always ends, and spring appears eventually bring a brand new start to the frozen earth. I love that. Plus winter is broken up by Thanksgiving and Christmas which I LOVE. But I'll have to admit, my least favorite thing about winter is icy roads. They give me the willies. Someday I'll have to find/scan/post pictures from the horrific car accident I was in as a 16 year old. Then you'll understand my hate-hate relationship with icy roads. I didn't touch a steering wheel for a year afterwards. But they aren't here yet, and for that I'm thankful. So here's the a beautiful fall season that I hope will last a tad bit longer.
- tonight when the kids were called in from outside to get ready for bed... they had red noses and freezing fingers. And do you know what they requested that warmed my heart? Homemade hot cocoa and a story from our Dr. Suess treasury. And that's just what we did.



2 comments:
Love reading your random thoughts. I relate to many of them. Praying healing in Jesus' Name upon you. He made you and He knows exactly what the issue is. Praying for encouragement for you today! I CANNOT believe I'm missing that Bible study; it's killin' me!
I want a "like" button for this post. Love you, buddy.
Post a Comment