Thursday, April 01, 2010

forced bulbs



This year, we decided to try our hand at forcing
tulip and hyacinth bulbs inside!  Jeremy bought me some fun bowls
that match our kitchen and living room area and we stuck a few
bulbs in the dirt to see what happens...

Well, a few weeks later (with the aid of grow lights that are starting our tomatoes and peppers) we have plants!!!  I don't remember what I put in what, so it'll be a surprise as to which ones are
tulips and which hyacinth.  But it's fun to have new growth in the house
when it's still brown and mushy outside. 

Give it a try!  And you really don't need grow lights, but it helped!


A couple days after we planted the bulbs...


and now!  hooray!

2 comments:

Kali said...

there is nothing more delicious than that color of green in the spring. Yum. They will be so pretty.

Unknown said...

oooooh pretty sister!!!!!! I miss you.