In a little less than a month, I'll be on the road again! {Leaving my family is not my favorite thing to do... I dread it actually... nor did I imagine a month ago I'd be making two trips out of state this spring... but God is pulling me in directions I couldn't have imagined a year or two ago!}
Orphan care, adoption, foster care, helping others reach out to children.... all things that stir my heart.
My good buddy Carly and I will be headed down to Minneapolis at the end of April to Summit VI put on by the Christian Alliance for Orphans! Carly has had a vision of getting an orphan care/adoption/foster care/adoption funding help/education sort of ministry started in our local church for the last couple years. I've mentioned that Jeremy and I would be interested in being involved in this... She recently pitched the idea of getting this off the ground to a couple of our staff pastors, and threw out the idea of sending she and I to this conference for training, education, and encouragement as a "long shot" and here we are just a mere couple weeks after the mention of it!
I can hardly contain my excitement.
I can just picture myself sitting in a comfy auditorium seat singing along with Steven Curtis Chapman, crying as I ache for the orphan, and feeling a great peace as Jeremy and I embark on God's next assignment for us so to speak. Do you know what I mean? After attending 4 years worth of Mothers of Preschoolers Conventions, I know what I'm in for. And I can't wait! Something just happens when you're away from home, learning from heroes of the adoption world and soaking up encouraging and life-changing words.
taken from the Summit VI website:
Featured speakers will include national champions of orphan care and adoption, including John Piper, Mary Beth Chapman, Tom Davis, Doug Sauder, Stephanie Fast, Jedd Medefind, and Al Mohler. Compelling voices of the global church will join as well, from Africa and Eastern Europe to the First Lady of Guatemala City, Patricia Arzu. Music will be led by Steven Curtis Chapman and other artists. Meanwhile, more than fifty workshops will deliver practical know-how for effective adoption, foster care and global orphan care ministry.
Even more than ever before, 2010’s Summit VI will be an unparalleled hub for partnership, resources and inspiration. Whether a nonprofit leader, pastor, grassroots advocate or lay ministry entrepreneur, Summit VI is a must for both veterans and newcomers desiring to “care for orphans in their distress.”
Here's what pastor and author John Piper has to say about it:
Invitation to Summit VI from Christian Alliance for Orphans on Vimeo.
We also are going to be able to squeeze in one full day at the Mall of America! Yessssssss.



1 comments:
Joel just told me about this a few days ago--what an exciting ministry opportunity! I'm so glad you and Carly get to go!
Post a Comment