Monday, March 29, 2010

new diaper bag!

Yesterday, I made my first diaper bag! Jeremy said it was my best sewing project yet... yay! The best part was picking out fabric that really suits me,
 the other best part was sewing it up! 




It really is easy... if you can sew a straight line, you can make this! 
After I spied Carly's handmade bag, I knew it was the right one for
me to make for our new baby!


I figured this time, instead of picking a bag to go with a baby boy/girl, I'd go
with a bag that suits me!  Since the baby won't care, I might as well like carrying it. 


This was my first time using snaps and a zipper,
it was MUCH easier than I'd imagined. 

I love it!!  This fabric is in the Amy Butler LOVE line. 
I LOVE Amy Butler fabric! 



The inside has loads of room for newborn diapers, onesies, bottles.. you name it!  Can't wait to take this on the plane to go get our sweet baby... whoever he or she is.  We're praying for you sweet baby... can hardly wait to meet you.  We're praying for your mother too. 

3 comments:

Kali said...

Wow that diaper bag looks professional... I guess you must be a professional:) Love the amy butler fabric.

Unknown said...

WOWZERS sis that is AMAZING! You are so talented at EVERYTHING. I'm not at all jealous :) just thankful I have a crafty sis who makes me cool things. My bag you made me is worn to pieces, I use it so much!!!! Love this sweet bag...nice work. Love you. Its 77 degrees out and we are soaking up the sunny day!!!

Julie said...

Ok, I know, I love it! These are my absolute favorite colors! Unfortunately, since I put a needle through my finger in home ec class in Jr. High, I swore off sewing altogether! I just call on people like you! :) So talented..