It is 10:43pm and our boys just came out of their room and asked for permission to tell us something. Mind you, they've been in bed almost 2 hours! (It's usually a big no no to come out unless there's an emergency, throwup, or a much needed bathroom break.) But, they seemed REALLY excited to tell us something.. so we said they could. They nervously and excitedly stood before us with their hands clasped behind their backs and explained that they wanted to do something to help Haiti and fundraise for our adoption. I'm all ears at this point!
(Warning! Much rambling is about to ensue as I try to remember what my boys just told me...)
They divulged that they want to record a CD of songs they've written and sell them. And they want me to make "leather" cases for the CDs, since I make purses and things. :) They did add, that they would save 5% of the money for themselves and the rest would be given away. And that we have a lot of blank CDs we can "record" on. They said that they did have one problem though... they like to sing, but have a bit of stage fright... so they'd have to work on that. Gavin would do the singing, and Drew would beat-box and snap. Gavin was practically jumping out of his skin and said, "I'm sooooo excited..." With his big toothless grin. I catch Gavin singing his own made up catchy tunes quite regularly and I've gotta say, that boys has some soul in his singing. :) Drew was using lots of large hand motions to explain their plan. It was one of those moments where you are really, really proud of your kids. They thought that since they owned a microphone and had blank CDs that they were set... we talked logistics a bit and said we'd look into it! Oh, I love these boys... their tender hearts to those in need is a precious, precious gift. Oh, and their band name is Bacon Brothers of course! And... they want to start a blog, I wonder where they got that idea???
I'll keep you posted on the debut of the Bacon Brothers. I can't wait to hear the songs... Gavin said he was writing one about obeying your parents... perfect, love it. And Drew said he was working on one about God protecting us. Wow and wow. Maybe the lyrics will make an appearance here soon.. stay tuned!



1 comments:
he he he~ I am laughing because I can just imagine both of them "extatic~ly" telling you their Bacon Brothers' plan! Can't wait to hear their tunes...
Post a Comment