I have to say that I'm married to the man with the greenest thumb I've even known! When we moved into our house just over 5 years ago, his dream was to have a garden and grow a few things for us to enjoy all summer. His two raised beds turned into an amazing garden with multiple beds and rows, plus a new greenhouse the he spent last summer building!
I love that he spends his time outside on his hobby, plus he's right here at home! I am taking more pride in it each year and now love taking people on a garden tour and know what each plant is and tidbits of info about them. He is experimenting in the greenhouse this year and is yielding great plants and soon fruits and veggies! Right now we have tiny cucumbers growing, little pumpkin curly-ques entangling, and tomato flowers popping up like crazy! It's SO cool!
This week he has been harvesting rhubarb, strawberries, zucchini, herbs, 8 ball squash, spinach & salad greens, and green onions!
I do a little gardening myself, except I'm in the flower business. I love making our front walk look colorful and welcoming with bright annuals and am enjoying filling up my perennial beds with columbine, tiger lilies, forget me knots, ferns, delphiniums, and daisies. They are multiplying each year and I love all the color combinations.
We have dill, cilantro, basil, and oregano. I am loving cooking with them. Ooh, they are SO yummy! I am learning to get more creative with them as I go.
Our corn and green pepper experiments...
I took this pic at 5:30 am this morning because I happened to wake up and the sun was reddish/fuchsia and it was truly an amazing sight.. the picture didn't capture any of it! But I thought it was a good view of the garden as well.

The back row is broccoli, cabbage, swiss chard, and carrots. To the far right, there is also a full bed of carrots you can't see.)
Our corn and green pepper experiments...
I took this pic at 5:30 am this morning because I happened to wake up and the sun was reddish/fuchsia and it was truly an amazing sight.. the picture didn't capture any of it! But I thought it was a good view of the garden as well.
The back row is broccoli, cabbage, swiss chard, and carrots. To the far right, there is also a full bed of carrots you can't see.)








9 comments:
Love it!
It's so amazing to see these photos. We have never been there to see the greenery! We have to come this summer. Everything looks beautiful!
IMPRESSIVE for both of ya! I can't believe how much bigger his garden is this year! We just ate fresh lettuce from my sis' garden, last night, and I could totally taste the diff.. YUM! Miss ya!
Oh, and I forgot to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hope you had a wonderful day. Love ya and miss ya, Rachel
WOW Jeremy! Your garden looks amazing!!!! How do you keep the moose from feasting on it? I LOVE to garden too, but so far can only keep up with two raised beds. Amanda, your flowers look SUPER too. It brings me so much JOY to dig in the dirt and obviously it does you too!!! Have you tried kid gardens yet? My girls each have their own little flower gardens and enjoy them. Ella has requested her own veggie garden next year. Fun:)
Very yummy and impressive! I can't believe how well it is all growing. I can tell this has been a summer of sun!
just posted our garden pics. Didn't know you had posted yours. Jeremy does a great job!! John told me once many of the great theologians and preachers loved to garden. Must be something about nurturing and seeing growth that appeals to them. Our kids love gardening with daddy and eagerly look every day to see if something is ripe. Your flowers look lovely too!
I am sure missing me some fresh Bacon produce this summer :( It all looks so yummy!!! So maybe for cousin camp next summer...God willing we can get up there, the kids can paint tiles or a mural inside the greenhouse!!!
Amazing. We'll be calling for a tour!
Post a Comment