Tuesday, June 23, 2009

out of the mouths of babes

This afternoon, Gavin was strolling by me in the house as he headed downstairs saying as he hopped down the steps, "You're going to forget all about me..."

"What???" I said.

"When you die! You're going to forget all about me." He yelled up the stairs matter-of-factly.

"No I won't, I'll be in heaven.... and..." I trailed off as he continued without stopping downstairs. That's as far as I got with my on-the-go little man. I'm not sure where that funny comment came from, that guy cracks me up!

You'll read about our bird adventure below... but I thought it was so funny how my 3 big kids reacted to the thought of losing him to death. I warned them that it looked like he might not live, and this was their reaction:

Morgan, the emotional: (sobbing) "But we'll miss him, and we'll never ever see him again!"

Gavin, the realist: "Oh, that's okay... we'll just take apart his bones and see if we can fit them back together again!"

Drew, the softy: "Well, I'm really glad I found him in that swimming pool. I'm an animal rescuer. First I rescued our 4 puppies, then this! I have to call Charlotte, she's in the Animal Club with us!"

0 comments: