Friday, April 03, 2009

5 things...

5 things I was doing 5 years ago

* We moved into our new home in April of '04.
* I was pregnant with Morgan!
* I was mothering a very challenging 3 year old Drew.
* Life back in the Valley was all new after 9 years of living away, and I was building friendships and was happy to be back. Having my sister and family back here too was SO fun!
*I was attending MOPS for the first time and loving the camaraderie I found there.

5 things on my to do list for today (It's the end of the day... but how bout 5 things I did today?)

* Worked it at Cycling class this morning
* Jeremy and the kids met me to go for a swim
* fell asleep for 10 min. on the couch sitting up (I was a bit wasted after the combo of cycling and lap swimming)
* watched "Bolt" as a family and treasured watching my kids double over in laughter! (well, us too)
* spent some time petting and snuggling our last pup Butterball

5 things I would do with a million dollars

* Open our home and hearts to children who need us (fund adoptions)
* Build a larger home and a large chunk of land(see above)
* Travel outside our bubble with our family and see the world beyond
* give our missionaries mondo bonuses
* furnish the above home with lots of bunk beds, couches, barstools, one loooong table, and beanbag chairs


5 places I have lived

Spanaway, WA
Anchorage, AK
here!
in a motorhome for a while until we found a home in AK
in a dorm with crazy drunk neighbors banging on my door asking for help from their R.A. (me)

5 jobs I have held

Pizza Hut hostess (age 16)
Subway (age 17-18)
The Little Gym instructor
Nordstrom (3 summers)
UAA (all over campus)


5 things I want to be doing in 5 years

* be even more active with my kids
* Teaching my kindergartner, Annika! Along with a 7th, 6th, and 3rd grader. GULP
* Continue to be gloriously happy with Jeremy
* impacting the world in one way or another
* freelance writing regularly

5 people I am tagging

how bout J's this time?
* Jen H.
* Jessica C.
* Jessica D.
* Julie P.
* Janeen (ya know you wanna do it)

2 comments:

Spakouskys said...

Loved your post! It was fun to learn more about you. Thanks for joining in on the tag. Oh, and I never knew you were a Nordies girl!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag! I was reading this post and secretly thinking "I hope she tags me, I hope she tags me!" Well it's my lucky day :)