This morning I opened a long awaited email from MomSense magazine put out by MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and they want to publish one of my articles!!!
I submitted this particular article when I was in Tennessee last October and hadn't heard and hadn't heard within the 10-12 week timeline they gave so I figured it got lost in the process and wasn't going to worry about it. I had already received a rejection from them about an article I submitted in December, so I knew they were actively responding to submissions. And I knew the competition was tough since there are a lot of wanna-be-writers like myself out there that are submitting articles to them. So I didn't expect to be published. At all. BOY, was I surprised to get their response this morning!
They said "We have read your article with interest and will seriously consider it in an upcoming issue of the magazine." They had no other details to offer me, and said they'd contact me when the details became available! It has been a dream of mine to be published in MomSense since MOPS has meant so much to me these past 5 years. Thank you, God for this opportunity!!!



8 comments:
wow Amanda!!! That's wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. I'll be eagerly awaiting an update :)
Way to go!
Congratulations, Amanda!! Can't wait to read your piece! I just got back a reject letter... :(
YAHOO! Cheering for you and dreaming of this day one day myself! Oh...that would mean I would actually need to do something with all my random scribblings...maybe someday! You're my inspiration:) Can't wait to read it!
WooHoo! So proud of you! Can I have an autographed copy??? :-)
Yay!!!!! Great work Sister :) can not wait to read it! way to go for that dream girl, I'm proud of you.
Love, Me
AWESOME! Congrats, way to go you! Can't wait to read the published version.
Anita
This is so cool! Way to go girl! So post the link, so we can read the article! I would especially be interested!
Post a Comment