It's finally finished! This summer, my Dad and I had a special mission.... to raid Salvation Army and snag an old, white, sponge painted, mess of an armoire! I was in SA randomly searching for cheap picture frames in different sizes to paint and fill our family room wall... when I saw it. I've always wanted one of those armoires. But, the ones I saw in Pottery Barn for a thousand $ were usually the ones that made me drool. I decided $44 was alot for an armoire that looked like that, well... that was until the cashier told me about the 1/2 off sale the next morning. The whole store. Hmmm.. I thought, is it worth it? And will it still be here?
I roped my Dad into coming over with me first thing when they opened. And would you believe it? There were lines of people waiting to get in!!!! You'd think they were handing out free gas for a year! You could tell some of these folks were on a serious mission. Some actually ran to get their hands on an item once the doors were opened! We laughed our way over to the armoire and got it for $22!!! So here it is, resurrected.... it's a miracle! It's amazing what a little black furniture paint, a sample can of red paint, new hinges, and new knobs can do! We love it, and it sits in our living room. Now if we could only decide what should go in it. I am determined to have our stereo fit in it. But it's a bit crooked for now. :)
Thanks, Dad for fixing one of the drawers... and thank you, dear husband for hinging and knobing today.




7 comments:
I was just behind you on the queue aiming for the same armor. I wait for ebay off sales now.
looks swanky. good job
I love it!
I love repurposing furniture..it has more character. Found a diaper changing table on Craigslist for $30! Looks great Amanda..black and red...my fav!
AWESOME JOB GUYS!!!!!!! IT is beautiful :) LOVE SIS
It looks incredible, great job!!
Wow! It looks great!! excellent find :)
Post a Comment