Our time in California this past week has been incredible.
We arrived in CA after saying a teary
goodbye to my sister and family in TN last Wednesday.
Then the wedding festivities began! Jeremy's brother
Aaron has married a beautiful, funny, warm, and inviting
woman named Abie and we are all so excited to welcome
her into our family. She is absolutely perfect for Aaron,
they are such a fun couple.

Finally, all in one place!! From left to right, our
brother-in-law Jimmy, Jeremy's sister Jennifer,
you know who..., then Aaron, Abie, Jeremy's sister
Heather, and her absentee paper plate husband, Gerry.
(Gerry was unable to get time off from his job on the slope...
we missed him!) And it wouldn't be a picture of this gang
without at least one silly face photo.

The rehearsal... the wedding was held in the most
beautiful of places behind Abie's parent's church!
It had a little creek running beside a grassy area.
And you had to walk across a bridge to get to it.
The weather was perfectly warm.. we LOVED it!


Abie and her three flower girl nieces!
Hallie, Morgan, and Grace.

And Friday night after the rehearsal dinner,
it was off to swing dancing lessons! Aaron and Abie
provided lessons for all of the family and friends that
wanted to come! Their friend taught the 2 hour class for all of us....


A typical night in the life of our trip! ZZZzzzzzzz

A plum-tuckered princess.

Aaron and Abie gave Morgan a tiara, shoes,
and jewelry as a thank you for being in the
wedding and as soon as the ceremony
was over, on went the crown!


Hooray, a new sister!

The ceremony itself was beautifully orchestrated!
I wish you all could have been there. Abie and her
father walked across the bridge and down the aisle
to a live band playing Holy is the Lord by Chris Tomlin.
It gives me chills thinking about it. God bless you two as you journey
through the rest of life together! (Get a good tan in Mexico first, will ya?)
Jeremy and his happy baby girl. She was such a trooper on this trip, as she always is, I guess. She slept in so many different beds, rode in the car for countless miles, was held, kissed, and cheek-pinched by loving relatives and was such a great airplane traveler. Sweet Annika, you are a complete joy of a daughter.

the Mr. & Mrs.



My little people getting ready to walk down the aisle.

Aaron waiting for his bride.


Drew and Gavin did so well standing up for the ceremony.
Beforehand, we had lessons on where they were allowed
to put their hands.... clasped in front, clasped behind,
or at their sides. (Up the nose or scratching body parts
was frowned upon!) They were SO adorable.
Jen and Jimmy getting ready to sing/play during the prayer & communion. What a talented duo! They live in Oregon,but will be up for a long stay during Christmas!!!!

Snuggles for her new Auntie. Morgan cried and cried after the newlyweds left the reception for their honeymoon. I guess she didn't expect them to go... and missed them terribly. :) It's hard not living close to them too. Not knowing when we'll see them next.
My children's two Great Grandmothers, Corrine and Jill! (Dave's mother on the left, and Anita's on the right.) All of my grandparents have passed, which is sad for me... and these two gals make it easy for me to call them Grandma.
The middle Bacon bits were the first dancers on the floor that night!
I believe that this post blows away the competition for being my longest picture post ever. There were too many good photos to leave any of them out. I hope you enjoy! We arrived home last night and have had a super relaxing day today. Can I just give a plug for my awesome husband of 9 years? This morning he ran to the store to pick up some food for our empty fridge and came home with a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, ran the bath water, popped in a Jack Johnson CD, and sent me to the bath room with 3 new magazines that had come in the mail! I think that was the first time I'd really relaxed in these past 3 weeks... Thank you, sweet husband. I can't believe it wasn't just us walking down that aisle. Were did nine years go? Well, I've got 4 guesses and they happen to be 8, 6, 4, and 8 months. I always thought it was impossible or cliche' when people say that marriage gets better with age and ya know? Ours has. I wouldn't go back for anything.
3 comments:
Amanda,
I've so enjoyed seeing the pics of your trip. It looks like you guys had so many fun times visiting your sibs! :) The pictures of the wedding are beautiful!
Welcome Back,
Shelly T. :)
Great pics Amanda! Thanks for the extra long photo shoot post! Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time. The ceremony location was BEAUTIFUL!
Anita
Awwww, Amanda, so glad you posted these to share! They looked so happy on their big day! Love the goofy bacon photo..you had to get one of those in! Wish I could of been there to capture it all and share in their special day. It sounded like a lovely wedding. Your kiddos looked adorable!
Post a Comment