Saturday, June 28, 2008

yarn and apples

I can think of maybe 2 people that will think this first picture is worthwhile and many more that will love the 2nd photo of my two Apple models.


I admit it, I'm a yarn addict.


Maybe I should have listed this as one of my quirks. (as listed below) But yarn stores and seeing my drawers full of yarn makes my heart sing. I actually smell the yarn when I buy it. Yeah, I know, you don't even have to say it. And I am SO excited after a good 6 months of searching, to finally find a cotton yarn I love. I've wanted, for a while now, to convert all of my Bacon Bit Knits hats to 100% cotton. But it has taken me a while to find one brand with all of the right colors. I'm really picky about it. Because a carrot and a raspberry have to be just the right color, right? Right. After searching high and low, I found it. End of that story. And, I've started a blog (which sits empty of any posts) for my knitting business, which has kept me quite busy this year. (The knitting, not the blog.) Or as busy as I want to be. You can check out the future site of my blog here. I'm in the process of knitting up one each of all the different hats I sell and taking cute pics of them and posting them on the blog for those wanting to place an order. My special order business has grown and I'm loving knitting made to order hats. They're also available at Pitter Patter, but she's all out. All of my sample hats will go there when I'm finished with them. 2 hats knit, 7 more to go.
strawberry
carrot top *new
blueberry
cupcake cutie
neapolitan sundae
watermelon *new
raspberry
pumpkin
apple

Karla ordered mother-daughter apples. Aren't they looking so cute?

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love your yarn stash!! And the hats are VERY cute. I'm going to have to make an appt with your for some knitting lessons! :D

sacra vim said...

Three cheers for yarn addicts! I should post a picture of my stash too...though it's a mess...I seriously need a glass-fronted cabinet to force me to keep it cleaned up!

JJ said...

I LOVE yarn...and I will admit that I am also a yarn-sniffer. Now....if I could just learn how to do something with it.... Love the twin apples. When is Father of the Bride night? I love that movie!

Marie VW said...

aww! Cute picture! I really like your yarn ball shot too. Great colors.