Drewy had his first ever piano recital this afternoon! And he was 1st up out of twenty other kids that were performing! He has been practicing his three songs that he plays with his wonderful, amazingly talented, Mary Poppinsish teacher, Grandma Anita. He practiced up this morning, but had a brief time out on his bed for sighing and whining his way through his practice time. Which is like 5 minutes long. So after he decided it was better just to get the practicing out of the way, he was amazing!
On the way to the recital, he said... "I'm a little nervous about playing my songs in front of all those people!" We prayed for him in the car and reminded him that he'd be playing with Grandma and we'd be right in the front row to cheer him on.
Let me tell you it was ADORABLE! After each song that he played perfectly, by the way... he smiled and waved at the audience. It was so cute it brought a tear to this proud Mama's eye.
We ended up with a missing tape for our camcorder once we arrived... and my camera battery died as he started his first song, imagine that! But Grandma Marla Kay saved us with some picture taking of her own. I'll never forget his adorable closed lip smile that he spread across his face between each song. He seemed quite at ease, our boy has never been afraid to be in the spotlight. I would have been TERRIFIED at age six, or any age to play 3 songs in front of a room of strangers. What a little man.
Thanks God for our Drewy.
On the way to the recital, he said... "I'm a little nervous about playing my songs in front of all those people!" We prayed for him in the car and reminded him that he'd be playing with Grandma and we'd be right in the front row to cheer him on.
Let me tell you it was ADORABLE! After each song that he played perfectly, by the way... he smiled and waved at the audience. It was so cute it brought a tear to this proud Mama's eye.
We ended up with a missing tape for our camcorder once we arrived... and my camera battery died as he started his first song, imagine that! But Grandma Marla Kay saved us with some picture taking of her own. I'll never forget his adorable closed lip smile that he spread across his face between each song. He seemed quite at ease, our boy has never been afraid to be in the spotlight. I would have been TERRIFIED at age six, or any age to play 3 songs in front of a room of strangers. What a little man.
Thanks God for our Drewy.



2 comments:
How precious! Oh goodness...I remember those piano recitals with great fear and trepidation. Good for Drew. I'm impressed. Amanda, on another note, would you possibly be able to help decorate the church/reception on either the 27 or 28th of December? Just let me know by email if you can. One other thing...did Diana mention to you doing hair for the wedding? Thank you for even considering this. I know how busy you are. I'm going to be asking Jen for help as well. Love you and can't wait to see you soon! Love, Ash
Drew, I wish I could have been there to see you play your songs. At my first piano recital I played first and I think that is really best you don't have time to sit and get any MORE nervous. Lots of love to you. I'll be sending the Christmas boxes soon. Hope you like yours. Love Grammy Loyd
Amanda love your Christmas photo can't wait to see the real one. Love Mom
Post a Comment