Early this morning we trekked into Anchorage in all this snow for Morgan's long awaited appointment with the Pediatric Neurologist. And... he thinks she is having migraines! I say that with an exclamation because that is exciting! Crazy, right? But with all the looming thoughts of tumors, heart defects, etc... headaches are great! Of course there is no way to diagnose migraines in little ones. But he thinks that the pain lasts just a minute or so, but it is painful enough to make her pass out like she has been doing. And the blue lips, he said, could be caused by her blood pooling in a different part of her body when she passes out (falls asleep.)
Our next step is to get her in for an EEG (while she's sleeping) scan of her brain. With all of these crazy electrode things stuck to her head. We had to do one with Drew a couple years ago.. no biggie. Except you have to try to keep them up all night so they'll sleep at the crack of o'thirty when you bring them in for the test. That part, I remember, was brutal on the Moms and Dads.
He wants to make sure that there isn't something we've missed because her brain hasn't been checked out yet. Only her heart. I told the Dr. I can deal with headaches, then stopped and said, actually I can deal with anything. He said he was surprised I was holding up so well with all of the stress of not knowing what was wrong with her. Not any credit to myself, on my own power I'm a worry wart. So hooray God!
Thanks to all of you that have been checking on Morgan and praying for her. We really appreciate your concern. She's such a blessing. Tonight on the way home from Anchorage, she kept copying Drew in the car saying, "Daaee, I'm so dursty." Translation: Daddy, I'm so thirsty. I'm not sure she knew what it meant, but she sure was adamant. She repeated it for a good couple minutes.
So goodnight, sleep tight. I'm gonna get working on some more Christmas presents I'm making. And watch White Christmas. Haven't done that yet this year. I LOVE White Christmas. I love old movies. Bing Crosby rocks.
Our next step is to get her in for an EEG (while she's sleeping) scan of her brain. With all of these crazy electrode things stuck to her head. We had to do one with Drew a couple years ago.. no biggie. Except you have to try to keep them up all night so they'll sleep at the crack of o'thirty when you bring them in for the test. That part, I remember, was brutal on the Moms and Dads.
He wants to make sure that there isn't something we've missed because her brain hasn't been checked out yet. Only her heart. I told the Dr. I can deal with headaches, then stopped and said, actually I can deal with anything. He said he was surprised I was holding up so well with all of the stress of not knowing what was wrong with her. Not any credit to myself, on my own power I'm a worry wart. So hooray God!
Thanks to all of you that have been checking on Morgan and praying for her. We really appreciate your concern. She's such a blessing. Tonight on the way home from Anchorage, she kept copying Drew in the car saying, "Daaee, I'm so dursty." Translation: Daddy, I'm so thirsty. I'm not sure she knew what it meant, but she sure was adamant. She repeated it for a good couple minutes.
So goodnight, sleep tight. I'm gonna get working on some more Christmas presents I'm making. And watch White Christmas. Haven't done that yet this year. I LOVE White Christmas. I love old movies. Bing Crosby rocks.



1 comments:
AWESOME news Amanda! What a relief! I'll keep praying the rest of her appointments go well. Merry Christmas!
Anita
Post a Comment