Saturday, November 04, 2006

You can dress 'em up, but you can't take 'em out!

I thought I'd add a few of my favorite goofy pictures from my trip to Nashville at the end of September. Eight of us from our MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) Leadership Team traveled to the MOPS International Convention. We had such a great time! It was refreshing and encouraging. And not just as MOPS leaders, but more importantly as a woman who is seeking God's best. The general session speakers were incredible! Ever heard of Priscilla Shirer? Loved her. Ken Davis? He's a nutty, funny guy. Those were my favorites. Then the Nichole Nordeman concert was a highlight for me as well. There was LOTS more, but those were my favorites. One major think I took from my time there was that for women like me, prayer has GOT to be a priority. It's not an "if", it's a "when."

So.. these are my two favorite goofy pictures of my buddies. Anne-Renee will, I'm sure, love that I'm posting her at her loveliest. We were stuck in Dallas for an 8 hour layover on the way home. And needless to say we were a bit silly. We were running on 2 hours of sleep from the night before. And we rode the sky train thingie a BUNCH. The one of Laura, Rachel, and I (which won't load at this time!) was supposed to be of us posing like we were caught by paparazzi, but it turned out so funny. We laughed and laughed over that picture until there were tears. Sweet memories!

We counted up the sleep from the entire 5 nights we were having "girl time" and it equaled a whopping 16 hours! It was a much needed breath of fresh air for myself and my team. We bonded, shopped, cried, laughed, and came home viewing our gifts in the form of children and husbands as just that.

Did I mention that our trip for all 8 of us was paid 100%? The only money we spent was for our food and shopping habits. God completely took care of us. We knew that each one of us had a place in Nashville and that it was God who placed us there. Love the way He does that!

Well, goodnight for now. The house it quiet, imagine that! We had a pizza and movie night tonight.. I love those families that do that together every Friday night. We were trying to be one of those families tonight. We even made our own pizza.

Stay tuned, we had BUNKO last night and wowzers.. you'll love the getups we were wearing! It was costume night. (Each month has a theme!) You'll just have to check back and see!

Nighty Noodle, as I say to the kids.

0 comments: