Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Princess Fever

I think a love for princesses is something little girls are born with. Just like we didn't have to teach the boys to love trucks, loudness, and Legos. Morgan is seriously on a princess kick, and we've never mentioned them! Every time she sees a Disney Princess she says, "Sincess!" Maybe she's trying to tell us something with that one.

This picture is from our California vacation last May. Morgan could have cared less about princesses at that point. It was Gavin that LOVED them! He was the only one that wanted to wait in line with me to meet Sleeping Beauty. As you can tell by the grin on his cute little face, he was starstruck. A couple of months ago, he was sick with the stomach flu, so I rented him a movie to make him feel better. And what was that movie you might ask? Cinderella, of course. When I unveiled the movie I rented him, he gasped, "Thank you, Mommy! She's SO beautiful."

He had us worried for a time when he said he wanted to be a "grill" (girl) when he grew up! But now he says he wants to be big like Daddy. Phew! There are so many times when I think that it will be so much easier when they get a bit older. But I just don't think they can get much cuter and more precious than they are right now. I was reading something today that struck me, it said: If you're mopping up spilled milk today, take a close look at the baby faces around your table, because neither spilled milk nor baby faces last forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I SO MISS your little family, dear friend! I love that you have a blog now-- I, too, have been checking Anita & Carrie's each day-- and sometimes your sister's. Yours will be an every day visit as well. We've got to start a hashbrown blog soon.

Sarah Brown

carrie said...

Ahh... the Bacon family! I love your blog! I am so glad you caved and joined our little movement. I love being able to catch up with my friends that are so far away! Keep blogging! By the way... you are now officially a link on my blog ;-)