I have tried for a couple days now to upload a video we wanted to share here on our blog (after showing it to our families on Thanksgiving, then sharing it by email and facebook with friends and extended family) - but it isn't working... SO... we'll just tell you!
We are expecting baby #7!!! I'll be 11 weeks pregnant tomorrow and am due June 18, 2012!!!
It has been a hard secret to keep these past two months, but it has made it go by really quickly! We are just thrilled that God has seen fit to bless us with another child. We are getting asked quite often if this was a surprise - - and NO it was not. God laid this on our hearts, and after much prayer to make sure it was God's voice we were hearing, we said YES.
We heard baby's heartbeat last Wednesday, and that was such a beautiful sound loud and clear thumping away. I am so excited to be back at the birth center where I had Annika... it was an amazing experience. Who looks forward to giving birth? Well, at this place it's quite possible. I have warm memories and want to hug these midwife's necks whenever I see them.
This pregnancy so far has also been my "sickest" one yet. I have all day nausea unless my tummy is full. It hits the most in the morning and at night. It's yucky. But, it's also a blessing because when I'm needed most, during the day, I'm doing mostly alright. High protein snacks and foods are keeping me running and feeling better.
Anywho, that's part of why I haven't been posting much these last couple months... it's hard to think of other things to post when the thing that is most taking over my brain can't be mentioned! We loved having it a secret for a while this time, but boy, is it good to get it out!!!!
Our kids were SO excited - two of them cried tears of joy! So sweet. (it also explains for my poor children, why Mom has been feeling puny lately...) Our families are so supportive too as are our dear friends. We're so thankful.
That's all for now, but wanted to share the news here too!!!!



3 comments:
Congratulations, Amanda!
Dear Amanda,
YIPEEEEEEE!!!!! A BIG Congratulations to the whole Bacon Family!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOO excited for all of you. I will be praying for this new little family member of your's, that everything will go well during your pregnancy and with the baby's health. May this new little one live for the Lord for all of his or her days. Last year on Thanksgiving day, my third oldest brother and his wife, announced that they were expecting their first little baby. That little baby who was in utero last year, is now 4 months old and is such a sweetie pie. He is the light, pride, and joy of my life. I'm sorry you're feeling sick, but am glad to hear that it's not affecting you during the entire day when the little ones need you. I trust you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family as did we.
Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
In Christ!
Bethany
P.S. Amanda, yes I have been missing your wonderful posts on your sweet blog, but I totally understand. Well, as best as I can since I am not in the stage of being a Mommy yet. I somewhat understand what it's like to take care of little ones who need you since I now have 6 nephews and 1 niece. 3 of those nephews and the niece live a mile away/across the street from me, and I see/babysit them often. The part that I probably don't understand as well is being pregnant and feeling sick. Anyway, love your posts, but don't overdo or push yourself. You need as much rest as you can get. Hopefully you can get some help from the older kiddos/extended family members/friends/Church friends. I wish your family lived closer to me because I would love to come help out and give you a day off. However, I know going to Alaska is not quite as easy as just walking across the street or across our little mountain town:-)Get as much sleep as you can.
In Christ,
Bethany
Post a Comment