A couple weekends ago, Jeremy made this amazing shelf complete with a vintage paint job from this plan over at Ana White's website!
You see, we had boxes of herbal tea falling out of a tiny shelf in a cupboard in the kitchen and it was time for a new place to store the tea. I'd been eying this plan for some time and was so happy he offered to build it and had the idea to stash the tea in Mason Jars in it too!
The only thing I did was paint the numbers on with a paint pen, after I printed out numbers 1-8 in Times New Roman so they were 3" tall, cut them out and traced them on. Then he sanded the project some more to make the numbers not look so "new." Love it!!!
Another favorite these days is my go-to "sweet" treat!
When you're eating the way I've had to be eating for the last 12 weeks, you'd be racking the ol' brain for things that mimic that old sweet taste you once loved. Well, this smoothie fits the bill and I have one nearly every day with new variances.
Today's smoothie loved me right back! I set my cup down after gulping a huge amount and noticed that the lone ice cube that was left after blending was in the shape of a heart!! I love you too, daily smoothie of mine. :)
Here's how to make a no sugar-added/no dairy smoothie that will love you right back:
Add the following to your blender:
1 banana
6 or so ice cubes
1 cup of almond milk
1/2 t. vanilla
2 spoonfuls of almond butter
1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
some cinnamon
Blend and love!
Today was the first time I tried it with almond butter... sometimes I add unsweetened coconut flakes too. YUM! I discovered these a few weeks back when I was dying for something chocolatey, but couldn't have the chocolate and was experimenting with the blender. I hope you try it and like it.
Wowza. Since the temperature in the greenhouse has been getting down into the 40's, (brrr) Jeremy harvested the rest of the tomatoes yesterday and brought them in... I'm sure some of them will continue to ripen up... but the rest... Fried Green Tomatoes anyone? I think they are so beautiful.
Any my final favorite thing is my sweet sleeping 3 year old Annika Scarlet.
Tonight she fell asleep before Jeremy and I came down to tuck the big kids in. She was just too precious to pass up a photo op. We love you so much, little one!






3 comments:
I love your new tea rack! So cool! And your tomatoes are beautiful, and so is your precious sleeping daughter :)
Awwww, I love the picture of Annika sleeping. Yes, that pic would be too precious to pass up. Kids are SOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEEEEET when they are sleeping, aren't they? Thanks for sharing.
In Christ,
Bethany
Thank you so much for the recipes you are posting on your new diet! I have fallen in LOVE with brussel sprouts now. :) I made this smoothie for breakfast and it is soo good. I have had no self control when it comes to sweets. I can really see how addicted I am once I let it go from my life. It has been really hard for me to turn from eating sweets when I am stressed and instead go to God.
Post a Comment