Saturday, August 06, 2011

just a few...

You know how when you get a glimpse of your favorite moments, you wish you could just freeze them in your memory, never to be erased by the years?

A lot of those moments happened this week, and I happened to have the camera handy.




 Morgan was sitting on the couch reading, and Drew was walking by and asked if Morgan would read to him and wondered if she needed any help!  I love it when you see ways you are teaching and training your children put into action with no prodding. 




  It's that time of year - new school supplies!
I actually am one of those strange people that would appreciate a bouquet of sharpened pencils if given to me.  (from the movie You've Got Mail) I love brand new boxes of crayons, the smell of Scotch tape, fresh watercolor paints, and new notebooks and folders. 

Annika is our painter.  She loves arts & crafts and does one kind or another each day.  

  



 

This is how you'll find Gabrielle if she hears the phone ring!
She also will put her hand to her ear as I'm talking on it, and sign please, please, please!  Asking if I will let her talk. 

 


 

Now this one won the prize last week for warming mama's heart the most.  I came into the babies' room and dumped a clean load of cloth diapers on their floor out of the laundry basket, walked back out to do something real quick and came back in to this:   

Annika was folding and sorting diapers for both babies.  She floored me!!  She loves to help me put them back together, probably more than any of the other kids.  (Though they all help at one time or another.)  She was very proud that she made her mama so happy.  What a sweetheart. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all those sweet moments, Amanda. Thank you for capturing them on camera for us to see. Drew sounds like the big brother to Morgan as my brother Benjamin was to me. Yes, I guess Annika did floor you. What a great helper and such a big girl. I am impressed!
In Christ,
Bethany

Melissa said...

I'm new to your blog. I found you via your post at Passionate Homemaking. I just had to comment on this...I have 4 sweet children, 5 and under. I LOVE these kind of moments. My kids have quiet time each afternoon, and am often surprised by my 5 year old who has decided to fold and put away laundry, or organize a drawer, etc. Or when the younger brother asks the older sister to read to him. Such sweet, tender moments that make me smile from ear to ear.