Friday, July 29, 2011

don't worry about me...

... I'm just busy eating nuts, seeds, eggs, and every green thing!  Just a quick update on how the food thing is going  for me. 



I'm just finishing a month of eating whole foods - aka:  no sugar, no dairy, no grains, and no fruit.  I've decided to cut all fruit out for a time (except lemons/limes in my water, and avacados), since the sugars have been aggrivating my condition.  I had no fruit today... here's what my meals rounded out to be today:

swiss chard frittata (2 slices)
(egg whites, eggs, swiss chard, fresh garlic, red onion, yellow squash, fresh basil)

hummus with a bunch of raw asparagus
pecans & pumpkin seeds

a lettuce wrapped hamburger, topped with avacado, dijon & regular mustard, and a slice of tomato


I've lost 10 pounds, and am hoping to lose another 10-15 more in time.  I've been grabbing bits and pieces of food all day long... but today it was 3 meals and no snacks since we were out and about.  Normally,  I'm grabbing a handful of nuts/seeds... but I've found that the food just isn't addicting like the other foods I was eating.  And I'm satisfied, not hungry.  My symptoms are not gone, disappointingly... I'm thinking even more drastic measures are coming up in my diet.  I'm waiting to hear back for some help. 

Goodnight, all...  and can you believe I have not had milk, cheese, cookies, bread, pasta, rice, etc... for a month????  I can't believe it either.  But I feel GREAT about it. 

2 comments:

Jennetta Nye said...

Are you on an anti-candida diet? If so, I was on that for 12 weeks and have great recipes as I pretty much don't have any grains, dairy, sweets, or gluten. If you need some good recipes, let me know. So far on my whole foods, gluten free, dairy free, vinegar free diet I have lost close to 30 lbs in 4 months. I too had to start out with no fruit for the first 23 days. That was the hardest for me but it gets easier. Please let me know if I can do anything to help support you with the diet change.

www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said...

I am very proud of you!! Way to go. I too am starting on a less strict whole foods plant based diet for nutrition reasons. (I just posted about it at apronsandapples.blogspot.com I would love to swap recipes! What are your sources? About the other symptoms that is a good sign if you are experiencing other symptoms. It means you are healing. Things start to heal by going backwards to conditions that have been masked and not dealt with. This is a side effect of cleansing and healing but it will pass. Healing usually takes a month of life change for every year you have been sick. Ie ifyou have been sick with something for 13 years it will take 13 months of life changing plan (ie whole foods eating)to heal. But don't be discouraged because you won't necessarily have to stay as strict for the whole time. Praying for your health! Blessings, kristy