It has been a month since we heard about this precious baby boy who is joining our family in just 2 days. And ever since that day, my mind has been racing with all that would need to be done and all of the projects I was dying to dive into to prepare for him if he actually came. Well, coming he is!
Finally about a week ago, this impatient mama got the okay from Jeremy to begin preparing Gabi's room for them to share and to buy some necessities that we'll be needing for him. I was feeling itchy to get everything done before he came, because who knows when I'll have the chance after he comes! He'll be sleeping in our room for a bit while we get to know each other and to help facilitate his bonding and attachment to us.
The major thing I wanted to accomplish before his arrival was the redecorating of Gabi's room! It has been girly girl world for the past 6 years since the boys moved downstairs and Morgan took over as queen of the upstairs kid bedroom. My stepmom Marla Kay, my friend Anita, and I set to work back then to paint the room a sweet light pink and pale celery green with a Pottery Barn ric rack border slapped between the two colors. It was a beautiful room, and I was sad to see it go... BUT venturing into a new color in a room is one of my favorite things in life. Seriously. AND painting it so my two sweet babies can share? It's just too much to comprehend. SO AMAZING and EXCITING!!!
When I started taking things off walls and clearing everything to the center to paint, I realized that I had quite a job ahead of me in taking off the wallpaper border that had been securely stuck to the wall these years and had no product to take it off with. I Googled "remove wallpaper border remedy" and got some great advice... so I walked in the room armed with spray bottle full of warm water ready to loosen the adhesive. I was dreading this part, and was SO ready to get to painting and not scraping and peeling while Gabi was taking her nap in our room in the pack 'n play. Much to my surprise, the border peeled right off with no residue and no trouble. I was one happy painter!
Last winter, I spied a paint job that I loved on a blog that I read. The mama had painted the room that her son and daughter share a really cool color... Even though I didn't currently have a room that needed an overhaul, I tucked the idea away in the archives of my brain for later use.
Once I got thinking about what I would do with the room these last couple weeks, I knew that the paint color would be perfect for them.
The color is Teal Zeal by Behr at Home Depot. I love it! It's such a fun color to be around.


0 comments:
Post a Comment