Wednesday, January 26, 2011

new and decluttered boy's room


Here's another glimpse into a project we worked on one recent weekend. 

The boy's den, I mean room. 

I really should have taken before pictures, but Jeremy and the boys tore into the room before I had a chance.  We made a conscious decision to majorly declutter their space and keep only 3 major types of toys for them.  They were all for it, actually, since all of the other things just were messing up their room and gave them more to clean up constantly. 

So we kept LEGO, Playmobil, and Nerf darts/guns.  Then we gave them one dresser in their toy drawer to fill with miscellaneous things they wanted to keep, but weren't part of a set.  That made us all happy! 

And the closet in the above picture, only holds Gavin's clothes... but see the empty hangers on the top rod?  Yep, those all held shirts, and they were all stuffed on the lower rod!  Craziness.  And not to mention the closet was filled with things they never used anymore...  Ahhh - relief! 

One whole garbage bag of shirts and pants came just from this closet.  That will happily be sold to bring home some sweet kiddos  into our friend's families through adoption in the near future.


You should have seen the clutter and stuff that sat on their window shelf before!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Soooooooooooooo jealous, I mean inspired! I read your last 2 posts and cleaned out 3 garbage bags of toys, clothes, and kitchen things I don't use. Probably more to come!
Thanks!
amy

Imagine That! said...

inspiring me too. I started with a drawer and then the girls started with their room. We have a long way to go, but it is wonderful to not feel like we are drowning in stuff.