Monday, November 08, 2010

10 years old


It's a strange feeling when your firstborn reaches double digits... the years fly by and in no time he's gonna be a teenager --- STOP time.. I'm not ready.  I want him here forever.  Sigh.  Well, I can't stop time, so we just need to maximize the time we have with him.  I don't want to take any moment for granted with this boy.  I love him so much!

Drew was born at 12:06am on November 8, 2000 after a LONG day of induced labor. (Which I don't recommend!) He weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz. and had the chubbiest cheeks, even right out of the womb. The nurses were prepping the operating room for a c-section when things started happening.  I'm so thankful and was SO happy to finally hold him in my arms the next morning after 8 hours in the nicu.  We were both pretty beat up, but we survived and started a beautiful relationship.  It was a jolting introduction to motherhood for sure, but I made it through stronger and with a new appreciation for life and for my newborn son and for my growing family. 




Drew is curious about the world around him. 

He loves his family fervently.

He is ready for new adventures in life, and is always thinking. 

He loves to be a helper, and is so proud of his mac 'n cheese dish. 


There are so many things I love about Drew.  But most of all, I love how he has a sensitive heart for the Lord.  And he wants to live his life to glorify God.  That makes Jeremy and I so proud of him. 

Drew Aaron, you are LOVED. 

2 comments:

Desiray said...

congrats my friend he is so cute cooking in the kitchen he is the next iron chef america

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Mr. Drew Aaron Bacon! I know it's well past, but I just thought I'd say it anyway. I feel like I already know him through your cousins here in Oregon.
In Christ,
Bethany