Monday, October 11, 2010

a few of my favorite things

Ever since Gabi came home to us, I've been wearing my hair curly much more often.  I really love curly hair on other people, but my own curly hair was such a pain to me.  It never looked good in my opinion, and I think I just didn't have the right products that would make my crazy, frizzy, eneven curls look good!  So I just straightened it, or wore it curly and then put it up and out of the way... but now I've found DevaCurl....  yep, I sound like an infomercial.  But really, it's great and just what I needed I think to get me to happily wear my hair curly. 

This is the DevaCurl diffuser attachment, that I think I'm gonna put on my Christmas list...  Letting my hair hang wet is fine, but sometimes I need it dry in a hurry when we're going somewhere.  Especially with winter upon us...


This is the trial pack I picked up the other day... so glad I can try it without spending both arms and both legs on it. 





Another one of my favorite things is this girl here!
Morgan can eat circles around her brothers... she is always done first with dinner, and always has seconds.  In this picture, we had company over and she was on her third round before the boys were done with their first!!!  I love her so much... and she can eat just like her mama.  Her poses say it all. 


If you have a baby and a toddler, you've probably come across this scene in your home.  I often find Annika's precious "Dog" buckled in Gabi's carseat... and sometimes her baby doll too.  It always makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.



Jeremy has been canning like crazy these past two weekends...  2 weekends ago, he canned crab apple juice concentrate.  It's so yummy!!  Just add water or 7-Up to make punch.  Then last weekend, and this weekend he has been working to cook/grill 60 pounds of chicken and can it.  So now, dinners will be a breeze.  Cooking/chopping chicken is my least favorite thing to do... my time is so limited come dinnertime, that thawing, cooking, chopping chicken BEFORE actually making the meal is a killer.  Jeremy got a great deal on all this chicken from work, and I'm SO thankful for all of the hours he put into doing this for me. 


I hate to mop.  I despise hauling the mop up from downstairs, making sure I have a clean/empty sink, and wet mopping our kitchen floor.  That's why is doesn't happen very often.  Usually I'll grab a rag or paper towl and spot mop... until now!  My buddy Carly gave me a swiffer mop, because she bought one and didn't realize she already had one.  Score!  I'd actually been wanting one, but didn't want to spend the money on it.  So all I had to do was buy the above pictured mop cloths and we're good to go!  I love to mop with it, and so do the kids. 



Okay, my last new favorite thing is the Basil Countertop Spray from Mrs. Meyers.  I LOVE it.  It smells so my yummy.  Jeremy loves it too.  I did a poll on facebook a few months back, and asked folks what their must-have cleaning products were.  My friend Vanessa mentioned this, and I knew I had to try it. 

Eventually I'd like to get the rest of the Basil line, but for now I'm satisfied with my basil-y countertops and bathroom. 

7 comments:

Natasha said...

I LOVE your hair curly! Like you I've always hated my own curls but I know once the baby comes I'll have less time. I plan to give your products a try! And Morgan - Oh my goodness - she's so stinkin' skinny... where DOES she put all that food :)

Amy said...

Stuffed animal clipped in the car seat is a common occurance at our house :D too funny!

Anonymous said...

OK! Amanda, I LOOOOOVE your hair curly. Is it naturally curly or strait? Love it, love it, love it. WOW! Good girl, Morgan! Glad to see she's such a great eater, and even out eats her brothers. Looks like you got lots of good stuffed canned up for winter too.
Sincerely,
Bethany

Anonymous said...

OK! Amanda, I LOOOOOVE your hair curly. Is it naturally curly or strait? Love it, love it, love it. WOW! Good girl, Morgan! Glad to see she's such a great eater, and even out eats her brothers. Looks like you got lots of good stuffed canned up for winter too.
Sincerely,
Bethany

Anonymous said...

P.S. Amanda, love the pic of Annika's stuffed dog strapped in Gabi's seat. Too cute!
Thanks for sharing!
Bethany

Anonymous said...

P.S. Amanda, love the pic of Annika's stuffed dog strapped in Gabi's seat. Too cute!
Thanks for sharing!
Bethany

Anonymous said...

P.S. Amanda, love the pic of Annika's stuffed dog strapped in Gabi's seat. Too cute!
Thanks for sharing!
Bethany