Monday, October 18, 2010



After years of thinking about opening an Etsy shop online, I'm gonna go for it this winter! 
My shop is called The Scarlet Paisley and I will be selling my knit, crocheted, and sewn items for babies, children, and women...

But in an attempt to save money and not make bad decisions in starting out, I've decided to not buy any new materials and only use what I already have here at home.  So that means I can only use fabric scraps, or fabric I've bought but never used, and yarn that already sits in my yarn dresser. 

So here are the usable fabrics I have to work with, and I have lots of yarn to choose from too.  I'm excited and I love that with Etsy, there is no pressure.  I only have to sell what I've already made, and I can shutdown at any time if needed.  I'm not sure yet what these fabrics will turn into...  hmmm.. maybe purses, pillows, potholders, blankets, aprons, jackets, doll clothes... etc...  And I'll be selling my knit and crochet hats too.  It'll be a bit eclectic to start until I know what sells and what doesn't.  Once I get my store up and running, I'll get you a link! 



What will this be?  Do you have any bright ideas?

6 comments:

JJ said...

I don't know but I LOVE that animal print! Can't wait to see your shop debut!

JJ said...

I don't know, but I LOVE that animal print! Can't wait to see your shop debut!

Ashley said...

I agree...I really like the animal print too! How fun! I can't wait to see what you make. I think the bottom pictured fabric would make a really cute purse...the solid dotted pink to be the lining. :)

Unknown said...

hey..i saw a canvas with fun fabric streched across it and a big monogram letter attached! that would be cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute fabric. I think it would make some great tote bags and purses.

Anonymous said...

Cute fabric. I think it would make some great tote bags and purses.