Saturday, September 18, 2010

it's finally time to celebrate this baby!


Last week was Gabrielle's baby shower!  My dear friends Rachel and Allison had been working to plan a celebration for Gabi throughout the end of summer and September seemed to be just the right time to have it.  We put it off in the distance in hopes that things would be more solidified with her adoption, and boy did they pick the right date or what??  4 days earlier, Gabrielle's birthmom signed her adoption consent.  It had been my heart's desire that I could sit at her baby shower fully relaxed and knowing that the adoption was coming.  God did just that.  That fact alone caused me to completely lose it right as the shower was starting.  As I looked around at all of these wonderful friends and family, I was overcome. 

I thought, "They are here for Gabi and they're here for our family, and I can't believe I'm standing here in this place with this baby who is my daughter." 

It was just too much for me!  I felt so free, thankful, and incredibly happy. 

Thank you also to another dear friend Anne-Renee who planned all the decor and made it look so fun and beautiful. 





Sarah shares beautifully from her heart and gathers us together to pray for Gabi's life, our family, and the events surrounding her adoption.  Thank you, Sarah. 

We pray.







Group photo!!!  (minus Lynda who is taking this one...)


Group photo #2.. (minus Rachel who took this one!)




Grandma Anita making Gabrielle so happy, while chit chatting with Mary.


So many lovely and thoughtful gifts for our sweetie!

Pam and Gabi...  she's showing off her new hat!

Rachel, me, and Allison

You guys are so special to me, thank you for making this such a meaningful and fun occasion for us.  You guys are SUCH good friends to me, and I'm thankful for your presence in my life. 


I also have friends who are quite creative and crafty... here are the handmade gifts Gabrielle received.


Thank you Kristy for the adorable appliqued shirt and bib!  And look at this tiny bracelet that Tasha made?  All my girls have them.  She's made one for each of them when they were babies.  Now Annie and Morgan have bigger sizes too. 

Carly made this super cute tag blankey for Gabi.  She LOVES it and plays with the ribbons for a long time!  It's amazing for something to keep her attention for that long... 


And the gorgeous hand knit wool hat from Shannon who has an etsy store called Baruch's Lullaby, and this amazing kuspuk from Rebecca!!!  Isn't it so cute and cool???  I can't wait for her to fit into it. 

I love this bib from Kristy...

Don't I have amazingly crafty friends?  I think so. 
Thank you everyone.  

2 comments:

JJ said...

It was such a special evening for all of us there...what a blessing to bless you and to celebrate this miracle!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful memories that were made that day. What wonderful friendships you have. What wonderful and useful things to get Gabi started off with. Congratulations on the sweet addition to your family once again.
Love in Him,
Bethany