Sunday, July 18, 2010

mid-summer harvest


This is the scene I came upon as I was
walking out the door to book club the other night...
isn't this a great view??!! 

I love my family. 

Jeremy and the 4 bigger kids were deep in the strawberry patch
picking our yummy berries!
Doesn't Annika look just like
a little strawberry shortcake? 
Cuuuutie!






Some garden treats Jeremy harvested yesterday:
strawberries, cucumber, swiss chard, veronica cauliflower, eight ball squash, and rhubarb.



Here's a better picture of a Veronica type cauliflower.. I read that it is an Italian version.  The lime green color is so perfect, and they are sweet and in my humble opinion, yummier than traditional white cauliflower.  We grow both, but these are new to our garden this year ~ YUM! 






Jeremy picked and brought in the first rose of this year for me off our rose bushes... beautiful!

I can't believe we're past the mid-way point of summer (boo hoo..) but the best of our garden is yet to
come, and that is much consolation! 

Still to come?
raspberries
apples
carrots
green beans
yellow squash
zucchini
eight ball squash
broccoli
cabbages
cauliflower
onions
cucumbers
pumpkins
tomatoes
yellow peppers
herbs
potatoes
more veronica cauliflower
more swiss chard
more rhubarb
more strawberries
more spinach
more buttercrunch lettuce

0 comments: