Okay, okay.. what's going on with us? Yikes, my mind has been SO preoccupied with adoption that even blogging about normal life has been a challenge.. so how about I blog about adoption and not normal life! In the last month, I've been in communication with a number of expectant moms looking to place her baby (or babies) for adoption. At the moment I'm talking with 3 of them. It'll all online communication via instant message or facebook messages... I haven't talked to any of them on the phone, and as of a week ago, none of them had contacted Everlasting Adoptions about us. I'm working at keeping things in perspective and knowing that there is a really big chance that none of these babies will be ours. I'm imagining that the situation will sneak up on us... when we are clueless and unsuspecting! But communicating with these women is really good practice for me, and it's encouraging that they want to talk to me. They don't have to, so I know that in one way or another, our family is inviting to them!
Two of the moms I'm talking with are due in August, and one is due in September. It's an exciting time for us, to know that there are women who, after viewing our profile (4 kids already and all) are still interested in us. There was a young woman who is due in October who told me a couple weeks ago, that she really liked us, and we talked for a week.. but the baby's father was concerned by how far away we lived from them and didn't want to pursue us any more. Those kind of disappointments are not uncommon, and I'm really learning to thicken up my skin and KNOW that that baby just simply isn't who God planned for our family. There is great comfort in letting God's plan unfold. And we're doing just that.
I'll keep you updated if anything looks like it's for REAL and we become officially matched...


2 comments:
Prayers for those three sweet birth moms and for your guarded heart. God knows the baby (or babies) that belong in your family and soon you will know too. Thanks for sharing an adoption update... I love learning more about the domestic adoption process through your journey :)
Ok so this is very random...however, I stumbled across your blog while clooking at Carrie Lambing Photography website. I am trying to start my own blog so I'm snooping everyones out! I have to tell you...I think your family is amazing. The adoption thing...4 kids already..wow.. wow and more wow. You are like the model of what I want my family to be!! I hope you will add me to follow your family on your journey. Good luck with the new baby and I hope shes yours soon. You have made my day and inspired me in so many ways!! Wow!!
Post a Comment