Everyday I come up with a blog post in my head, but I've been trying to stay off the laptop so my posts never make it past my mind. The only post left in my head tonight is a jumble of random thoughts that I thought I'd throw out there. These are the things swirling around in my head lately:
- I've been obsessed with the sitemeter on our adoption info blog. I'm down to checking it "only" about 3 times a day. We've had nearly 450 visitors since we launched the blog last fall, and I'm not even sure if one woman that is expecting a baby and wanting to place him/her for adoption is in that number. We have a bunch of referrals now from Everlasting Adoptions, who we are contracted with... but no bites yet. Time will tell. But I feel a bit James Bond-ish being able to track what city/state visitors are coming from. It's fun, but addicting. And it gets the mind wandering in places it shouldn't until we get a call saying someone is interested in us.
- Homeschooling is on the brain a bunch lately. And it's not because we're engaged in it 4 days a week, it's because I'm not so pleased with how I'm running it. I know myself, and I know I'm being ultra lazy with it this last semester. We're getting the bare minimum done, but even that isn't fantastic. It's boring for all of us. Some of it has to do with it almost being the end of the year, and some of it has to do with the sporadic way things are being run during the week. The kids don't know anything is amiss... they don't know what I'd really like us to be doing. They happily say, "That's it?? Great! Let's go play!" I made a list the other night of each school subject we'd like to be covering and the improvements that need to happen and I'm encouraged. I just received my copy of "Managers of their Homes" in the mail today and I can't wait to devour it. I love schedules. I'll let you know how it's going. I'm just dying to make a list of all the things I'd like to get done in a day and have them help me organize it in a school day schedule. Each kid will have a section... can't wait. The thought of it makes my list makey heart jump for joy.
- I've started exercising again after a 6 week hiatus. It's painful. I promised myself I wouldn't stop after I did my 30 Day Shred month, but I did. I was burned out and disappointed by the lack of results on the scale even though my body felt way different. (sigh) I'm such an instant results girl. (sigh) And if I would have continued... I wouldn't be feeling bummed about starting over and I would have been a firmer girl that would have certainly seen results on the scale by now. Why am I so tied to the numbers on the scale?? Maybe I should toss it. But it really feels good to be moving again. I tried running outside which is my dream... but my knee is still bugging me since the triathlon last May, and I still can't run on it. boo hoo! So no big triathlon this year, and I'm still contemplating a smaller one in June if I can find out a way to run. Jillian Michaels is my DVD friend and she works me hard, so we'll stay friends even though I'd love to be running outside.
- I planted tulip bulbs outside for the first time last fall, let's hope they appear!
- I wonder if our baby is out there already, nestled in his/her mother's womb? Drew says he thinks our baby is. And that he thinks he/she just kicked. I think so too. Well, I hope so!
- I'm also realizing lately how prideful I am and have been. It has shown itself in many different ways in my life over the years, and I'm just now owning up to it. God has been working with me on this, and it's hard!! I've been too prideful to see it. My pride comes in ways that you might not see as pride and in other ways that are blatant pride. Okay, pride is not looking like a word any more... I've typed it too many times. pride, pride, pride.... yuck.
- I can't stand it when my girls' hair is messy after they've been up for a while in the morning when we're here at home. Silly, I know. But it makes me feel so much more together when I'm dressed and my girls' hair looks decent. Not sure what made me think of that, but there it is.
- I have 4 credits for free books on Paper Back Swap... what books should I request? I've run out of ideas. help! (I love non-fiction and the occasional fiction)
- I have an insanely wonderful husband. the end.



2 comments:
Your honesty and thoughts are so refreshing! I was at a mom's group this morning and the topic was delighting in the Lord. Someone said one of her favorite books is Calm My Anxious Heart. I haven't read it, but plan to. I think it has a lot to do with balance and contentment and I often struggle with those things. Hang tough and keep sharing. Excited to see you in June! You are an amazing mom with so many talents. Love the new diaper bag!!!
Can I just say...I think this is my favorite post of yours ever. Love, love it! I'm sooo with you on the blog-posts-that-never-get-posted rambling. I think I'll have to do my own rambling post soon just to clear my head!
Post a Comment