Monday, December 21, 2009

what has gotten into me?


I can't quite put my finger on it, but lately, I've been actually doing the dishes (happily) every day.  If you know me well, you know that I'm okay with going to bed with a sink or two full... and will just get to them sometime the next day... but lately?  I'm a dishaholic!  Well, I wouldn't go that far, but it's just so stinkin' satisfiying to have them done, that I'm hooked!  Laugh all you want, sister... the days are gone of me instantaneously having to "go to the bathroom" when it was time for the two of us to do the dinner dishes when we were younger. (No really, I DID have to go!  It was something about the running water that did it. )

And this isn't my cute country kitchen...  but those are my white cabinets and silver drawer pulls and knobs... thank goodness our sink is bigger than that to hold all of our dirty dishes though!  Six people seriously dirty up some dishes and our little white whirring dishwasher worked overtime today and was run twice!  It is working it's magic right how...

Are you a Dish-Doing Diva or a Mt. Disherest Piling Master?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Please, I have a LONG list of allergies and I think washing dishes is on it! I must admit it I do have some guilt with it but I will let them stack for several DAYS without nary touching them before I get so aggravated with them that I MUST get in there and get it all cleaned up. But then it is because it is because I am in "Full Out Clean Mode"! I think I am a tad bi-polar in the in cleaning department. I do it in fits and starts. I am not always on top of things like Neat Nancy's who always seem to have things mostly in place (so jealous BTW), and at a steady pace. Geez, I have a computer I can be researching on (and playing the piano in my mind)!!! SO much more fun! I have time management issues, I'll admit. But it all gets done...eventually. :) Thankfully, I have a husband that never notices when things aren't done yet always praises me when they are done. What could be better? We all have our strengths, I guess. But I go through phases with the dishes too. Like I may go through weeks with the dishes where I will do them everyday...weird