Wednesday, November 11, 2009

long overdue...

This post is long overdue... and maybe you're bored by now of seeing our new pictures, and maybe you haven't seen them at all! But I wanted to take the chance to post a few of our new pictures taken by Carrie Lambing this Fall! I will never bore of them, they are treasures to us! I started this post 3 weeks ago, and since the pics were having trouble downloading each time I started again, I gave up... but today I'm pushing through! I love these pictures for so many reasons, but mainly I wanted to capture Annika at this age, these are the first "official" family pics she has been in! Our last run at family pictures were two years ago, when I was enormously pregnant with her!


And we also wanted some new pictures to add to our adoption profile which is now in the hands of many great resources for us.. including friends, 5 clinics that deliver babies both in Alaska and outside, our lawyer's office for potential birth mothers to look at.. and the list goes on! Much of my time recently has been getting our family profile "out there" in the hopes of a birth mother choosing us for her child. Our homestudy has been rescheduled for next week, and our fingerprinting is done and is being turned in soon as well. Once those two things are completed along with the paperwork we're turning in at our homestudy, we'll be "done." Our fingerprints will take a couple months we think to clear in the federal realm, but state is pretty quick we hear. We just play the waiting game, and will continue to get our profile out! Next up? We plan to cover all of the clinics who deliver babies that will take our profile and is within southcentral AK and other referrals out of state that we've received. With all of that said... here are some of our favorites from our photo shoot with Carrie!































Blogging in itself has been a bit of a challenge for me lately. It's been hard to put into words what is going on with us/me! There are SO many things to say, where to start? Well, here's one place to start:
This adoption journey, even though we are just at the beginning, and are not "waiting" for our baby to be born, communicating with birth mom, or any of those other nerve-wracking details... is still consuming. The questions that are forever swirling around my brain are these:
  • is this baby already conceived?
  • will we have to travel to meet our birth mom and to be there for the birth of the baby?
  • when will this happen?
  • will this happen?
  • can my messed up back and neck handle toting around our precious new babe?
  • is our birth mom taking care of herself, and therefore taking care of her child growing within?
  • will we have the money we need, when we need it?
  • what if it happens next week and our homestudy is not done and our fingerprints have not cleared?
  • what kind of relationship, if any, will we have with our baby's birth family after the adoption is finalized?
  • will we have to face the heart ache of an adoption not going through if a birth mom changes her mind before the waiting period is up? (every state is different, our state has a great law in place)


    Now, hear this... some of those thoughts may make you think I'm worrying and not trusting God. Not so. I am completely excited about all of the above, no matter how daunting and unknown each of them are. And I know God has placed us on this journey, and we are confident in his loving care of us and our unborn child. But, it is hard not to think about those things... so right now, I'm going to take every thought captive, trust in His plan for us no matter how bumpy it may get, and enjoy the ride toward our newest family member. Bring it on!!!!

1 comments:

carrie said...

I am super excited for your adoption adventure! And I had a BLAST photographing your family! You guys were so much fun. I hope we can make it an annual event.