Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Luke & Mayerly... and the hair lady

Last Saturday, Luke & Mayerly were married! Mayerly was one of my youth group girls... my, how things change! She is now a married woman and we love Luke! They are a super fun couple, and it was a beautiful wedding. Mayerly asked me to do her hair for the big day, which scared me to death... I imagined her looking back at her pictures in years to come and wishing she had gone to a "real" hair lady. I was sick to my stomach all morning and praying that God would help me out!!! Well, he did and it turned out beautifully!!! Mayerly has long, gorgeous straight, thick hair that was so fun to work with. I also had the great privilege of doing Emily, Natalie, and Diana's hair as well who were 3 of her bridesmaids. The 4 of them are best buddies and I did prom hair for them when they were in high school... it was a great afternoon that ended in a fabulous and beautiful wedding. I LOVE these girls, and it is such an amazing thing to still be involved in their lives.




Almost done!



Done! The finished hairdo... and in her beautiful dress! She had her mother's wedding dress re-worked for her wedding. I think that is SO cool.


After the orchids were added!



Me with Natalie, Diana, & Emily! It'll be a re-run of events in August when it's Emily's turn to tie the knot!!! Can't wait. But it'll be one more gut-wrenching morning beforehand I'm sure for this not-for-real hair lady.

5 comments:

carrie said...

You did AMAZNG! You can work magic with hair so I think that makes you a 'for-real hair lady'!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Carrie...you do amazing work and I loved how all of their hair turned out. I just wish I could get you do mine for Matt's sister's wedding in August. I'm racking my brain to figure out who to ask and nobody comes to mind like you do. :( Gorgeous work, Amanda! ~Ashley

Sarah said...

Awesome, Amanda! You did a beautiful job...no wonder Morgan's hair always looks so cute!

Sarah said...

Just lovely! You are so multi-talented!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me? You ARE the HAIR LADY :) For real Sis, their hair looks sooooooo beautiful and elegant!!! Bye bye PROM and hello WEDDINGS!