In 6 days, this gang of women, plus 1,400 more will be competing in an all women's triathlon!!! We are on a team of 14 gals most of whom I'm friends with (some I have yet to meet!) and have been working hard to get ready for the big day! The ring leader of this whole thing is Lynnetta... (the tall one of us in all black)
she started convincing some of us this winter at MOPS that we could do it, and should do it with her! She's amazing, by the way... she'll love me for this: She finished 69th out of 1,400 last year! And it was her first one. She rocks. SO here we are testing out the bike course a week ago.
It's a 300 yd. swim, 9 mile bike, and 3 mile run! I know I can make it, but I really want to feel my best doing it... so here goes this Mom of 4 along with some good buddies making memories and maybe a new tradition! We start in the pool as a team, so we'll mostly be racing together, except for Lightning Lynnetta.. she'll be smokin' us.
But she'll boost our team score, so GO GO GO! :)
And, ahem... please pray for us next Sunday!
You'll notice one team member on the far right that just doesn't belong! That's our Senior Pastor Larry! He got the best of us in a sermon a couple weeks ago... and we paid him back by making him come on the trial run with us! He's a great cyclist and coached us along the way. You're awesome, Larry and a good sport!


3 comments:
So proud of all you ladies. You will ROCK! Soon you will be wanting to do marathons!
how fun. sounds like the gold nugget. i did that 3 years in a row, it was so much fun. let us know how is goes.
Way to go Amanda! I'm very impressed and inspired!
Post a Comment