Thursday, December 11, 2008

Something I caught myself saying today...


"Gavin, we don't attack the nativity!"

As he dive bombs our Playmobil nativity set with his toy. I laugh at all the funny things I say that seem crazy, but with kids? They make sense.
"_________, please get out of Annika's face!"
"Two hands please."
"Did you ________ and _____________ like I asked?"
"________ did you hit your brother?"
Those are the ones that are repeated almost daily, unfortunately around here. I feel like a broken record. I need to think of some new ones, or new ways to say them. Yesterday as we were leaving my friend Sarah's house... I tried a new approach, "Wow, Gavin your boots and coat must be invisible! I can't see them on you!" That felt so much better than, "GAVIN, how many times do I have to ask you to get your coat and boots on, WE'RE LEAVING!" Sound familiar? Or maybe it's just me. :)

Today was a day of frustrating and hilarious moments! Drew had to write out "I will not lie to my Mom and God." 20 times for blatantly lying about pajama pants (of all things) twice!!! Unbelievable! He's a piece of work sometimes, that Drew boy! But I love him to pieces! He always wants to "snuggle in" with me on the couch each night before going to bed.

Gavin was wired from the moment he woke up, as if he needs any more energy! And then I remembered what it was! He had 1/2 a bottle of chocolate milk leftover from a treat from yesterday and he asked if he could drink it when he woke up. I said "sure!" then I paid for it! Any amount of sugar wires that boy like you wouldn't believe. He was like Twitchy in the movie Hoodwinked if you've ever seen it. (one of our faves) He was non-stop noise and chatter, sound effects and singing. I kept saying, "Gavin, calm down!" Then I realized what had hit him. The good chocolately stuff.

That same little man asked me earlier this week if he had to go to college to be a singer! I said "no", and he said "good"!

Good stuff. It was uneventful in the Morgan department today. But she did paint an amazing picture today, if I do say so myself. Thanks to the disposable gel paints we snagged at Target. Thank you, Crayola. It comes with three strips of gel paint that you peel open, use and toss. We have one strip left. It's perfect and you don't need water either.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

how funny to read your story aboutyour nativity...i completely understand and have been there...last year, we have the same playmobil, someone lost baby Jesus. i spent a full 20 minutes asking "who lost Jesus?"..."where did Jesus go?"... "we are not leaving this house until you find Jesus?"...i did not see how funny it was until i told the story after the fact...that one went around a lot last christmas.

JJ said...

Hahaha! You asked if it is "just you". The answer is N-O...though I think we all feel that way sometimes. And so, I thank you for sharing. Life with little ones is so wild, and yet so rich.

DeLong House said...

It's always the chocolate!! I was wondering why Calvin and RaeRae were hyper this morning and then caught them in a box of Fiber One bars Chris recently got from Costco...sneaky little guys. They were each on their 3rd one! You can imagine what Raegan's diapers were like tonight...