Okay... I've been saving these couple for a few days....
Morgan
Yesterday she was playing with two Polly Pocket dolls and one was talking to the other... "Hi, who are you?" The other answered in a fierce Polly Pocket voice, "I'm your worstest nightmare!" Shocked, I asked her where she heard that????? "From Mulan!" During our Olympics watching marathon, we rented Mulan for the first time because it was set in China!
Drew
Tonight as Drew was getting ready for bed, he took a huge drink of water. I said, "Drew, you shouldn't drink so much right before bed!" Puzzled, he asked, "Why? Will it make me drunk?"
I gasped and said, "Where have you heard that word????" (in an elevated tone) "The Bible. Remember when that man drank too much wine?" Point taken.
"But son, we don't say that word."
"What does it mean, then?"
"Well, remember when we were behind that woman this summer that was driving crazy and crashed her car? Well, she was drunk. She drank too much of that yucky drink."
"Well, when I'm president? I'm gonna outlaw that yucky drink. And then I'm gonna have a LONG talk with those people that make that stuff. Mom, do they do it just for the money?"
(Man, this kid is perceptive.)
"Yes, they do."
"That is just wrong. They are killing people and hurting people and do it anyways!"
Oh, and did I mention (I may have before) that he wants his name to be Richard Johnson when he's president? I think his own name will be just fine. And I think he's a politically minded fellow. He definitely doesn't get that from us!!!
And here's one more funny quote from our eldest:
On our first day of school this week we were learning the Pledge of Allegiance and what the words mean in it. And I asked the kids what they thought the word "allegiance" meant.
Drew said, "Isn't that a book in the Bible?"
Ha ha ahahaha... "No! That's Ephesians!"
With a laugh, "OH!"
Allegiance.. isn't that a book in the Bible?
In-Between
9 years ago


1 comments:
Ha, ha...these are great! See, you very well could be destined for politics. Mom of a future President of the US! Love it!
Post a Comment