Successful Adoption: A Guide for Christian Families
The Adoption Decision
Fast Track Adoption
Adoption as a Ministry, Adoption as a Blessing
So You Want to Adopt... Now What?
The Adoption Resource Book
the school stop
January 28, 2011
Well we're halfway through this school year! We had a good first half of the year, and are in the middle of an even better second half. Each year, I go through the homeschool doldrums, and there was a point this year that was no exception. But we're back on track, and have made some moves to make the rest of the year more intentional and worth our time.
The one area that I was most concerned about for my boys is writing. I hear this is common for boys... but nonetheless, something had to be done. So I sat down with my contact teacher and talked about some of the options in regards to writing. Because what we were currently doing just wasn't what my boys needed most in writing. So we ordered, and just received from The Institute for Excellence in Writing, the 3-5th grade Student Writing Intensive. We're going to use it over the course of this next semester. It's a DVD course, with writing assignments and handouts the boys work on through the week. If we don't do anything but this, (even though we'll still do our normal stuff) it'll be well worth the time invested I think.
Other than that, the boys are excelling in 3rd and 4th grade this year. They are voracious readers, and love math. What more could I ask for?
My little kindergartner, Morgan is soaking up her studies as well! She is reading her little readers, and I'm amazed at how quickly she's picked it up. I didn't work with her very much before this year other than on letters and sounds, and she's been a champ! So proud of her. We love Sonlight K, the read-alouds are definitely the highlight for the both of us. Right now we're in the middle of "In Grandma's Attic", and it's such a joy to read such great literature to my sweet girl.
That's all for now... I hope to update later in the year with our writing intensive progress with the boys and more kindergarten fun with Morgan.
July 5, 2010
Wow, no school update since November?? So sad... but we were pretty lame with school the second semester, so I guess there was nothing great to report! But each day is a new day, and each year a fresh start! We are looking forward to diving into the 2nd half of American History this year with the boys, and starting Sonlight Kindergarten with Morgan! Stay tuned... for a fresh start in September. New baby and all... GULP :)
3 comments:
Great pictures! We love those kiddos, too!
Awww, beautiful little fam..I love Morgan's pose! :)
Ohhhh! What beautiful babes! GREAT pictures.
Post a Comment