Thursday, June 12, 2008

my sweet helper and a rousing breakfast


Here's how this morning started...


"Mom?" says Drew in a hushed tone, "I love you, Mom."


His fuzzy Mom says, "I love you too."


"Do you want me to give you a little backrub?" he says.


"Sure!"


As he's rubbing my back, "What's your favorite movie?"


"Um..." I'm trying to make my brain work to recall my favorite movie at 8:30am.


"Why don't you just rest, I'll take care of Annika!" says my morning helper. Then I hear him out in the living room, "You guys, we have to be quiet so Mom can rest."


(Yes, he's being very darling... but I'm onto him. He is angel boy/helper whenever he has a golden ticket on the brain! But, hey! Whatever works!!!)


He kept coming into my room to tell me to "just rest!" It was adorable until Annika got really cranky and was ready to be picked up.


THEN.... 10 min. or so later at breakfast. I was on the couch feeding Annika while the kids were making their own breakfast. Toast and all. So Drew is talking all about have a "rousing breakfast" that he heard about from Sally in a Charlie Brown episode that we own. Then Gavin asked Morgan if she wanted to have a "rousing breakfast" and she said, "What????" Gavin said, "Morgan, it means to have a BIG breakfast!" (hand motions included)


"Sure!", pipes Morgan! So my 3 silly big kids (as they are now called) enjoyed toast and cereal all made by their own hands..... Then Drew waddles over to the couch after he was finished and said, "Ohhhhh.... that was too much of a rousing breakfast! I'm full!"


2 comments:

sacra vim said...

Mattie did the same thing yesterday morning!!! Not breakfast and sleeping in, but did his chores without being told, cleaned his ENTIRE room (whoa) and was super sweet. (Do they email each other when we're not looking or something?!) He got his golden ticket, but it was followed up pretty quickly with a job card and timeout...but he's been making his bed on his own almost every morning for a week! I'm so proud of these big boys!

Anonymous said...

Aaaah, Amanda, to be a mom! I love your stories. It makes me laugh. Whenever I need a laugh or a smile I go to your blog! Your kiddos are precious!