Wednesday, May 14, 2008

some precious moments in our home

This first picture was captured as the kids were watching robins out the window. It was a moment that was so warm and fuzzy for me!



Morgan came upstairs after raiding the costume box with this unicorn costume on! We've had it for a couple years and this is the first time she's put it on! It was a fabulous hand-me-down that Marla Kay gave us that was worn by my (now 20 year old) step-sister Alli. Thanks!


And this third special moment in my life happened on Mother's Day, no less. Ever since the ol' milk wagon went dry a month ago, and Annika has been on formula, it is a very, very rare moment that my girl falls asleep in my arms. :( She likes her bed, and falls asleep in a snap without a fuss. Great, right? Right - but I love holding her asleep. So on Mother's Day, after all the kiddos were in bed, I fed her and was just holding her smiling at her and her back at me. Then she started blinking those long sleepy blinks, and she conked out. I about cried! It was so special, so I just held her forever and was so thankful that God gave me that moment as trivial as it may sound. Thank you, precious daughter for that gift.

0 comments: