Monday, September 03, 2007

one more day at the State Fair


Kettle corn was a hit!



The boys and their newly won cheapy, plastic Ninja Swords!
We get these every year, they're the best $4 spent!
Oh, and the princess they're fighting over.


Morgan and her Mocha from Kaladis.



Last weekend, we spend another great and sunny day at the State Fair! I don't think there was a drop of rain on that usually drenched fairground this year! Thank you, God! Each day we went, we packed the raingear just in case... because it ALWAYS rains at the fair! We were able to fit in a couple of things that we didn't get a chance to see at our first fair day like the Lumberjack Show, the Black Angels African Acrobats, and all the buildings you walk through to see all the handiwork made by amazing people around the area.



Totally off the subject, but as I write this our little 17 week old baby is doing a little jig in my belly! I feel it most at night, I remember that being the case with the other three wiggle worms that are now on the outside of my belly. I see my belly growing, but I still forget and can't comprehend that there is a tiny creation from God just for us growing in me! It kinda weirds me out a bit at this stage because he/she is so small, but is kicking me! (I just read that even though the baby is like 5 inches long, he/she weighs a mere 5 oz.!) So fragile.








Anyway, back to the fair! The Lumberjack Show is always a highlight and the boys crack up at all the silly jokes, people falling off logs, and in the general the fun show! Drew was especially pleased that one of the lumberjacks was named Drew! Afterwards, my Drew was dying to meet the lumberjack Drew. So we walked into the arena afterwards and snapped a picture with him and when we said goodbye, our Drew stuck out his cute little right hand to shake the man's hand and said, "You did a really good job out there!" So here are Drew & Drew:



Jeremy & Gavin enjoying the show.


Drew the lumberjack defeating his foe, and laughing, of course when we fell in!



How fast can you go, Drew?

And how long can you hang, Gavin?

I can't remember a better year for the fair, or a better time had by our family!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi... looks like fun. I miss the fair. Go to Ruth's blog and see their day at the fair. Anna had a blast at the lumberjack show. When is the big day to find out what baby is? Have you thought of names?