Friday, September 28, 2007

I guess we'll never be empty nesters...

Yesterday as we were driving home, this was the conversation between Drew and I... (He gets on an "I don't ever want to leave you and move out of the house." kick quite often.)

"Mom, I don't ever want to move out of the house when I grow up." (in a teary voice)

"Why not, Drew?"

(more tears) "Because I'd miss you SO much! Mom, can Gavin stay too?"

"Of course, you guys can stay as long as you want!" (I often remind him that he'll WANT to move out when he gets older.)

"Gavin, do you want to stay with us too?" Drew asked.

Gavin nodded sadly.

"But Mom, I still want to have a wife and kids."

"Okay, then we'd better get a really big house!"

"Yeah, but I don't know if Daddy could handle that!"

"Why not?"

"Because all I will have is my saved up Birthday money!"

1 comments:

Rachel said...

too cute..Aren't we blessed to have such wonderful kids?